Wednesday, February 8, 2012

I am starting my first real Blog.  I already have 4 followers one is my wife 2 others are favorite students(yes teachers have favorite students,  the other was a teacher Librarian who was really a media special.  She is the only one left from my staff when I was Principal.  She was great at everything she did...Great family, great grandmother.  I taught her son to drive,  I didn't mention she was also courageos.  I wouldn't let a kid of mine out on the open rode with me for anything especially early Sat. morning.  We made it great kid.  Now an adult maybe a father.
To start things out I will talk a little football.  It is over until late August.  I am having withdrawl symptons.
I saw on TV our coach at Regina who by the way were state champs 2 yrs, in a row was having informal talks witha Cedar rapids school about their football opening.  That is depressing!
One question I have been frequently asked after I retired after 42 yrs  is DO you miss it.  Would the Lone Ranger miss Tonto, or Batman miss Robin, Would Abbott miss Costello.  Whoops must of you are to young young to remember that.  They were baseball coaches who had a hard time deciding who would play
first base.

1 comment:

  1. I saw that about Marv, too. Hopefully, nothing will come of his "informal" talks. Would be a big loss for RHS.

    ReplyDelete